Minimum Wages Act 1948
- The Indian Constitution has defined a living wages that is the level of income for a worker which will ensure a basic standard of living.
- To provide minimum wages to workers to do skilled or unskilled or clerical in a scheduled employment.
- Different category (Un skilled, Semi-Skilled, Skilled) of work in the same employment
- To empower Govt. to fixing a minimum wages and revising it from time to time
- To stop exploitation of the workers
- The Minimum wages has to be paid without any deductions other than Statutory deductions.
- Payment of Wages less than minimum wages on the ground of less performance or output is illegal.